5 Unexpected Benefits of Dental Implants
- Unlike natural teeth, dental implants are impervious to decay. No cavities means no more fillings. However, this doesn’t imply you can now be careless with your dental health. Daily brushing and flossing, as well as regular dental cleanings will still be required to keep your smile shiny and bright.
- Unlike other solutions for missing teeth, dental implants can and should be with you forever. Provided you take proper care of them, they’ll be with you for the full duration of your lifetime. They’re strong, and can withstand the full force of regular chewing. They will not fracture, crack or weaken over time.
Keep Healthy Teeth Intact
- Bridges and partial dentures require that existing healthy teeth be filed down to make room for these devices in your mouth. With dental implants, which are attached to your jawbone, there’s no need to alter your existing teeth. This guarantees other nearby teeth won’t be damaged.
- Let’s face it. Wearing a denture or bridge can cast the shadow of embarrassment over your self-esteem. These devices can cause your speech to slur and move around your mouth at the most inopportune times. Alternatively, dental implants are fused to your jawbone and thereby won’t ever move or slip. You can eat anything without worry. Your speech will be as flawless as it ever was, and no one will know you have anything but natural teeth. Even you might forget you have them, allowing you to smile, laugh and enjoy your Oakville life with confidence.
- Dental implants require no additional care beyond that which you give your natural teeth—brushing, flossing and regular dental cleanings. They never have to be taken out and thereby don’t require solutions or fixatives like dentures do. Nothing could be simpler than going to bed and waking up with a full set of teeth.
Next to natural teeth, no solution is better than a dental implant to keep you smiling. At Monastery Dental, we offer Oakville clients who’ve lost teeth due to illness or injury the opportunity to use dental implants to resolve their predicaments. Call us today at our Oakville locations to speak to a dentist and find out if dental implants are right for you.