Dental Implants Have Revolutionized Industry
Let’s look at three benefits of dental implants from your Oakville dentist:
- Second only to natural teeth. Dental implants are the perfect replacement for teeth that are broken or missing. They require no special care and will often last ten years or more—far longer than tooth supported bridges. They look, feel and function like natural teeth—without the cavities!
- Protect the jawbone. Empty spaces where teeth are missing can cause a host of other problems down the line, including the deterioration and shifting of adjacent and opposing teeth. Another problem caused by missing teeth is the deterioration of healthy bone in your jaw. Dental implants stimulate natural bone growth and prevent further jawbone loss.
- Rock-steady. Remember the feeling of having a mouthful of healthy teeth? Smiling easily? Eating the foods you love? Not having irritated gums? Because dental implants are anchored permanently in the jaw, you can enjoy everything you would with natural teeth without the embarrassment, discomfort and annoyance that come with dentures.
Dental implants sound ideal, right? So what’s the catch? There is none! The procedure is simple and straight-forward and will leave you wondering why you didn’t have it done earlier:
- Pre-surgery. After a careful examination of your teeth, jaw and head x-rays and/or CT scans, your dentist will determine if dental implants are right for you. Sometimes bone and gum grafts may be required to ensure dental implants function optimally. Once you’ve decided to proceed, your dentist may start right away to create temporary replacement teeth that will be ready on the day of the procedure.
- Placement procedure. The first part of the procedure entails fixing the implant to your jawbone underneath the gum tissue. The gum tissue is stitched back into place and the jaw and gum are given time to heal and bond with the implant. This can take several months, but provisional replacement teeth are available until the implants are ready to accept the permanent set of replacement teeth.
- Final procedure. Once the bone and gum are completely healed an abutment is attached to the implant and you’re ready to have the permanent set of replacement teeth installed!
Are you considering dental implants in Oakville? Give us a call at Monastery Dental or NorthOak Dental! We’re your friendly Oakville dentist with answers to all your questions concerning dental implants in Oakville.